As Account Manager in the Investor Client segment, this role is vital in ensuring our clients (hedge funds and institutional investors) are successfully onboarded for trial and nurtured through to product subscription and renewal. This role will be heavily client facing, ensuring the right communications and agreements are in place in relation to our data products, which are continually expanding in terms of database size and new features. The role will require strong upselling and client success strategies. Project management skills will be required to manage correct product fulfilment from the data and tech team and accurately tracking multiple client requirements (30+) simultaneously.
You will be working in a fast-paced, ambitious environment, with the ability to learn from experts in technology, commercial strategy, and the investment market. We have a culture of continuous improvement, where everyone is empowered to take responsibility for actions. This is a place where you'll be able to use and develop your skills and knowledge within an innovative and collaborative team.
You will be based in our company office in Central London however, in the meantime the role can be performed remotely until we are able to return to our office.
To be responsible for developing and maintaining internal systems and managing:
The delivery of against the go to market plan for the investment client segment, whilst working closely to the Business Development Director.
The process and maintenance of tracking the status of clients being onboarded and instructing the product team to ensure correct product fulfilment.
The account review processes and pro-actively promoting upsell opportunities
The maintenance of our CRM for trialists and clients, ensuring all entries are up to date and generating reports.
The continuous process improvement opportunities as we grow our function and promoting throughout the company.
To be responsible for developing and maintaining customer relations by:
Managing client contracts by recording key terms and dates and ensuring all trials and licenses are correctly fulfilled and closed out.
Managing negotiations for trial agreements and contracts, liaising with the Fable’s legal department and Business Development Director as required.
Answering client queries and liaising with the data and tech team to pro-actively seek the answers to describe our products and data.
Building communication plans per client, determining relevant
communications through a thorough understanding of our products & client requirements, working with the data & tech team.
Skill and Attributes:
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrable track record in account management in a data driven organisation (3-4 years).
- Commercially focussed with knowledge of the investment market.
- Educated to a degree (or equivalent)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial & business acumen.
- Excellent communicator (written, verbal and non-verbal) & influencer with strong presentation skills.
- Laser attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Adept at learning and being able to effectively use information systems (HubSpot and others).
- Competent user of IT (including all Microsoft Packages: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc).
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within tight timeframes.
- Excellent understanding of the concepts of GDPR and confidentiality with regards to data handling.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients, team members and Directors.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic.
- Excited by big data and working at a successful start-up.
- Patience and persistence and tenacity.
- Reliability, flexibility, and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Ability to be tactful, respectful, and sensitive to the needs of others.
- Emotional resilience.
- Enthusiastic with a positive and optimistic outlook and a sense of humour.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.