Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a financial controller at the early stages of their career, with a financial qualification who is keen to contribute and develop their skills at a start-up
As Financial Controller your primary responsibility will be the end-to-end functioning of our revenue and direct cost stream, including:
• invoicing clients and ensuring timely payment
• foreign exchange accounting and risk management
• revenue recognition and accounting
• accounting for direct costs to our partners, managing statements and other data partner documentation
• developing your business knowledge to assist commercial teams with projections for sales, receipts, revenues, direct costs, and partner documentation.
For these tasks you will need a strong interest in and grasp of Fable’s contractual relationships on the sales and direct costs side, as well as the ability to reflect these in financial models, analysis and documentation that will support your colleagues as well as our partners. You will quickly become a key person tying together the commercial, legal and financial parts of the business.
• wider aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting
• supporting the CFO with management and financial reporting and forecasting
• continually reviewing our accounting and financial control processes to ensure they meet the company’s emerging needs
• ensuring our technical accounting is fully compliant and in line with the business’ needs
• ensuring UK and any required international reporting rand tax filing requirements are met
• developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies as needed.
We are open-minded about the background and work experience the successful candidate will be able to show. However, we do expect you to be able to demonstrate:
• A recognised UK accountancy qualification gained at a respected firm
• Strong and current technical accounting and financial modelling skills
• Success in a previous comparable financial control position
• An ability to set up and operate internal control processes
• A good understanding of the relationship between commercial contracts and finance
• A sharp, enquiring intellect
• An enthusiastic, practical, and commercial mindset
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK