When visitors leave comments on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymised string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the third-party services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Legitimacy to process Data
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Please send all data subject access requests to DPO@fabledata.com
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy
- Where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place technical and organisational procedures to secure the data we collect about you – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with have an obligation to keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Who we share your information with
We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party.
From time to time however we may need to share your personal data with service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertisers, recruitment agencies, website hosts and other technology providers that help us to manage and facilitate our operations and provide essential services.
These third-party service providers are not permitted to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, service provider and how we are processing your personal data where more than one ground has been set out; You can contact us at DPO@fabledata.com